Thursday, June 28, 2012

New dresses ready to ship in my shop!

Hello! Lately I've been working on items to have in stock, ready to ship in my shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/NemethWild)
I love the latest two items I've put up for sale, a white dress and a black dress. The white dress is made of toile de jouy fabric. The dress has buttons to make getting in and out of it easy. The zipper is in the side seam. I was excited to finally use my vintage fabric covered button set for this. Fabric stores sell kits for making your own fabric covered buttons, but I've never seen ones with a "halo" around the edge like these vintage ones I found.  Can you see the white lace along the top and on the seams here? 


I added a blue satin sash to the white dress because it makes me think of Marie Antoinette. This dress was so hard to photograph. Sigh.



By the way, I like the sets and costumes of the movie Marie Antoinette (the Sofia Coppola one, with Kirsten Dunst), but the words bother me. I play the movie with French dubbing and English subtitles, and that way I focus more on the pretty scenes. I don't speak French, at least more than a few words like bonjour and macaron.

The other dress is called the Black Rose Dress, for the print of the fabric. It's feminine but more dark than sweet. The bodice has pleated black tulle.

Both dresses lace up in back with matching cord. I like making thin cord out of fabric to match because I think it's a nice detail. It does take awhile to make the cord, but maybe I'll get faster if I keep making long lengths of it.

I made a dress for myself with this pattern, and the lacing is so nice. I can make it fairly tight for a fitted silhouette. Then I can loosen it for leaning back on the couch and relaxing.

Next up for the shop is more dresses, skirts, and big tulle hairbows ala Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. I even got some googley eyes to stick on the hairbows. Everyday pon!





2 comments:

  1. The Black Rose dress is fantastic.
    Did you already made any fashion magazine-like shoots with these dresses? I can imagine how it'd be reallydreamy and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't do any photo shoots with them yet. I'd like to do a shoot with fairy tale scenes.

      Delete