Friday, July 6, 2012

Rookie

Hello! Last Sunday I went to the Rookie Mag meet-up in Iowa City. Rookie Mag is a website for teen girls, but really it's awesome enough that everyone should be reading it. http://rookiemag.com/ Go look at it if you haven't.

My boyfriend Andi came to the event and even drove, because he is the best. He took two pictures for me. The first is a slightly blurry one of me with Tavi, the founder and editor-in-chief of Rookie aka the coolest person ever. I'm the one in blue. I'm wearing heels. Tavi is holding a bag with a dress that I gave her inside. I was happy that she wanted it. We're standing in The White Rabbit, a store that sells vintage and local clothes and accessories. I got a Leslie Hall cd there and have now listened to it a LOT of times.

After The White Rabbit we walked over to The Record Collector, which is unsurprisingly a record and cd store. There was a group picture at The White Rabbit, but some people left before we took another group picture at The Record Collector.


Sorry everyone for demon eyes.
I debated getting an Elvis record but didn't since I would have to borrow a record player to listen to it. Andi got a CCR cd. I noticed that the woman working at The Record Collector had my favorite brand of cold green tea, so I asked where she got it. Andi and I walked over to the Co-op so I could get a bottle of tea. The woman at the cash register there asked if I had just been at the Rookie thing. She said
she went to the meet-up but only for a minute.

There are more stops left on the tour, so if you're reading this and are thinking of going to a meet up, definitely do it! It looks like they are having fun everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. I found you via Rookie!
    1. You're very lucky
    2. I'm happy I found you and that you have a shop on Etsy
    You're really talented for sewing :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rookie is awesome. I'm glad they stopped in Iowa ^-^
    Thank you! I learned to sew and design because I couldn't find the clothes I wanted to wear.

    ReplyDelete